It seems as if the last year went by pretty quickly, and like any other was filled with highs and lows. On the plus side, we started this blog last year, and hope to continue writing about our adventures and experiences in India. Also, the world did not end. On the downside, women’s safety was a major issue, here in India, and one that needs major changes in the law. The year also saw many European economies trying to put austerity measures into place, which received quite a bit of public backlash. The world also witnessed London hosting the awesome Olympics, and Obama getting re-elected.
On a more personal note, it seems that 2013 is set to be an exciting year for both of us, with one of us recently married and the other expecting a baby we will have our fair share of learning curves.
These are our resolutions for the new year.
Pallavi: I usually have a difficult time sticking to my resolutions, but here’s hoping that this year will be different. So, here goes:
1. I hope to not stress about and over think on small issues.
2. And I really hope to not turn into a parent who only talks about their kid and nothing else.
3. Also, I don’t want to be a paranoid, obsessive parent, which I have a feeling I will be.
Swara: I have never really made new year resolutions, but let’s give it a try 😛
1. Go with the flow-as I am learning, things in India move at a much slower pace and I need to work with that.
2. Explore India as much as possible!!
3. Not to irritate my husband over small things-I think this is something common between us friends:)
4. Learn how to make Indian mithai (indian sweets/desserts).
The year will tell if we keep our resolutions or make new ones. One thing is for sure-we will continue this blog:)
Thanks for reading, be back soon!