I baked a batch of my tried and tested vanilla cupcakes when my baby turned three weeks old last Friday. As with the brownies they have a quick and easy recipe to follow which I have had to share with just about everyone who has tasted them.
As you can make out, I love to bake. It requires a precision and if the steps are followed to the tee you are guaranteed success. Here is the recipe for all of you with a sweet tooth.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the mix into the cup cake holders, making sure to fill only 3/4 of the cup.
- Put it in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick to see if the inner section has baked.
- Once done allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Cover with chocolate icing and sprinkles before you serve.
I make my icing by mixing powdered whipped cream with cold water and then adding cocoa powder to the mix. I have also used Nutella and melted baking chocolate. The choice is yours!
My next major culinary adventure: chocolate layer cake. Hope it is not too ambitious of me. Wish me luck!
Apologies for the bad picture quality-my camera images accidentally got deleted, and all I have left are the ones from my phone.