The close of 2013 took my husband and me to Sri Lanka! After a year of pretty much running around from here and there, we went on a much needed getaway. It was one of those holidays where we just put our feet up and relaxed. I mean, I even finished two books within the span of 5 days there (will do a separate post on the books I read). Sri Lanka offered us a bit of everything; mountains, beaches and various historical sites.
Some of our highlights from the trip.
1) Trekking up the Sigiriya Rock and enjoying the spectacular views. The Lion fort was built by King Kasyapa
2) Enjoying the infinity pool at Heritance Kandalama in Dambulla. My dream to swim in an infinity pool came true!!!
3) Water Sports and bumming around the beaches of Bentota. We loved the tube ride so much that we did it twice 🙂
4) Delicious Fish Curry and String Hoppers for breakfast.
5) Ancient City of Polonnaruwa
6) Temple of Tooth Relic in the picturesque city of Kandy (even had time to visit a tea factory there and came home with a delicious light tea blend).
7) Walking around the cobble stone streets of Galle, feasting on some yum gelatos!
I am sure we missed some other amazing spots in Sri Lanka and may be we will add them to our list for our next visit.
The pictures and memories of Sri Lanka will keep us happy till our next travel adventure! 🙂