Summer in India is officially here! And while the soaring temperatures makes being in the kitchen a tad bit unpleasant, I am glad I ventured into that section of the house the last few days. I was thinking of a quick and relatively healthy snack I could make for the evenings. That is where Green Peas Kebab comes in. It was a quick recipe that served up wonderful flavours. I thought it would be nice to share with all of you who get bored and sometimes frustrated with the question: “what should I make today?”
1 cup green peas (just thawed)
2 tablespoons garam flour
2 tablespoons corn flour
2 green chillies (finely diced)
6-7 pieces of cashew nuts
1 inch ginger
5-6 pods of garlic
1 cupped onions (finely diced)
1/2 tablespoon Red Chilli Powder
A handful of cilantro
Salt as per taste
1) Drain and thaw the frozen peas and add to a mixer
2) Add chopped garlic, ginger, green chillies and cashew to the mixer with the peas. Mix them till you make a thick, coarse paste. I added around 1 tablespoon of water to this mixture to get the desired consistency.
3) Shift the paste to a mixing bowl and add the diced onions, cilantro, red chilli powder and salt as per your taste.
4) Add garam flour and corn flour to the mixture and continue to mix.
5) Take a skillet and pour 2 tablespoons of oil on it. Mould the mixture into flat circular shapes and set them on the skillet to grill.
Voila! You have your Green Peas Kebab! It pairs really well with tomato ketchup and mint chutney. You can also alter the recipe to add some mint leaves or even cheese to the mixture before moulding them. Hope some of you are able to try this recipe-would love some feedback.